Monday, August 14, 2006

Sonnet VII


Everyone keeps asking me about my internship. I just can't imagine why. At any rate, I thought I would work up to a sonnet about simplehuman with one about my daily drive to simplehuman's office in Goring-On-Thames, a cute sleepy little village in south Oxfordshire. Picturesque, certainly. Bustling metropolis, certainly not. Each day we tend to see some repeating characters whilst riding along in Brad's BMW, like the roadkill that seems quite prolific in England or the guy on his motorcycle wearing all his high visibility (aka day-glo) gear that is so popular in this country. There is a trio of silver Mercedes' that sit parked in our parking lot that are owned by the Peruvian Connection people (no joke, that is the name of their business; I guess they didn't even want to try to dispel the sketchiness). Across the street is Jan-Marie bakery where we eat often since there is not much choice. And of course, Golden Balls roundabout. Brits just seem to have a good sense of humor, don't they?

The BavarianMotorWorkotica

With morn's curtain I don my day's costume.
Our chariot alights for Goring town
And slowly characters their marks assume.
The scene is set by Golden Balls turn 'round.

The divo takes the stage on his white steed,
His high vis vest aglow in sun's bright wash.
Next Road Kill One and Two, no lines to read.
The fox and hound's direction: "Just look squash'd."

The final act takes place on quaint small paths;
The silver Benz perform our journey's taps.
Facade of Jan-Marie, who'll break our fast,
Appears as over cobblestones we clap.

The jasmine takes its bow in gentle breeze.
Thus ends the matinee; next, Zoo Story.

2 Comments:

Blogger KT said...

Perhaps I would like my work more if I started calling the street we're on "Silverdong Expressway."

Sleepy as your little village is, I bet it doesn't have brown clouds, like fabulous Southern California.

12:07 AM  
Blogger sauj said...

roses are red
violets are blue
i want to sonnet and rhyme
just like you.

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home