Friday, July 28, 2006

Sonnet II

Oh that's right ye of little faith. I am pumping these things out like nobody's business. Many of you have already heard about this party I attended, but tough, you're going to hear about it again because it was so fun. And stop with your nasty asides already - a fun party with me present is not an oxymoron. So, the background is, a friend of a friend whom I had not yet met in person was nice enough to invite me to a party at his phat flat in London (the neighborhood of Islington to be specific). It was a 24 hour, multi-cultural, multi-birthday housewarming party. Jason made fabulous Jambalaya (quite possibly the perfect drunk food). What I remember of the party was truly memorable, and what I don't was even better I think... Oh yeah, and I couldn't decide which ending couplet I liked best so there are two.

The Jambalaya Eaters

The evite did intrigue with random bait:
A housewarming, some birthdays, ethnic theme.
To Islington I lugged a brimming plate
Of Cali food; its layers seven teem'd.

The flat, its lift, were sights grand to behold;
The balcony had views of ports o' call.
A hug to greet, Jason was far from cold
And shared a fridge stocked full with alcohol

My birthday - nine pm shared with Sameer.
The Mexicans toasted me with Patron.1
The zebra rug a dance floor did appear
And Hal's fab pants matched her and her alone.2

We left the fete; free taxis there were none.
The night bus when you're hammered sure is fun.

*Alternate ending:
The Keck party did prove a great success;
The cougar from upstairs would ne'er protest.

1. It probably wasn't Patron, but it was good tequila and I'm allowed a little poetic license.
2. Hal's pants were zebra print too. And I don't think he even planned it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home